Sunday, August 30, 2026

I Didn't Find St. Hilary Condemned Me


A Saint's Warning About False Prophets And Hypocrites
Return To Tradition | 30 Aug. 2026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST9e1GYhXzE


5:45 I'm noting a thing or two if someone would like to apply this to me, and judge me as one therein warned of.

Obeying the law of Christ.

But if they do not contain themselves, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to be burnt
[1 Corinthians 7:9]


I have done what I could to obey this and I'm being stopped.

Two. You mentioned false claims of knowing the future and presumably may have meant "date setting" ...

Hilary himself is known to have presumed the Antichrist was in preparation at the Court of Constantinople. In other words, he ventured a guess, no doubt an instructed guess, but nevertheless a guess, about when the world was ending. He was wrong, and nevertheless, he is St. Hilary.

In Lateran V, the ban on date setting, while referring to Matthew 24:36 or Mark 13:32, doesn't come in doctrinal context, but in disciplinary, namely in rules for preachers. No one says bloggers, vloggers or other essayists are bound by these.

So, if you try to get people not to widely read me, because you think me a "false claimant of knowledge" (which in this sermon wasn't even mentioned by St. Hilary), or because you think me a hypocrite, you are part of those who make it hard for me to actually start obeying God's law, including the cite from 1 Corinthians. This resumes both.

6:53 Today, it's very easy to get stamped as "pretending to be the only one who sees" ...

I yesterday claimed to see, not to the exclusion of everyone else, but of Uniformitarians, that Genesis 1 to 11 except the verses in chapters 1 and 2 prior to Adam's creation, have a very simple epistemology.

Heber saw Babel begin, after Noah died 350 after the Flood (using the martyrology reading for Christmas Day) and saw Babel end when his son Peleg was born 401 after the Flood. So, while he probably stayed away, and may have missed technical detail about whatever the "tower the top of which may reach into heaven" was meant to become ... I think Wernher von Braun did it ... he knew the general gist and arguably had a prophecy from which we have verses 5 to 7.

He died well after Sarug was born. Sarug died when Abraham was 50. Abraham probably started to write things down, given that a caravan leader had the capacity to dedicate a few camels to clay tablets or whatever and given that chapters from 12 on become more prolix, less easy to transmit by oral tradition.

Tell me exactly where this is in conflict with any dogma or traditional position of the faith, will you?

George Leo Haydock said pretty similar things on the epistemology of Genesis 3.

But possibly, you'll ignore this over X clergyman or Y expert or Z right winger telling you I'm a narcissist, and perhaps feeling yourself that an "attention seeker" or "clout chaser" should be ostracised. No need to put actual doctrine into whatever you think I'm doing wrong, since you have broadened the definition of what St. Hilary spoke of absurdly.

No comments: