Saturday, July 29, 2023

Fr. Joseph Morgan, CPM, on Fake Catholics


Assorted retorts from yahoo boards and elsewhere: Fr. Joseph Morgan, CPM, on Fake Catholics · New blog on the kid: My Preference for Marriage is Not a Demonic Attack on Chastity

Fake Catholics
Fathers of Mercy, 25 July 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yaay4QecpE


6:04 Please note, one does not have the right to:
  • get rid of the faith, just because one lacks charity or even hope
  • OR deny one has the faith one has.


6:26 When an Assumptionist (or supposed such) is in an answer in a paper here in France denying that Adam and Eve were individual people, he is giving the Church a very bad name.

I speak of Sébastien Antoni.

If he has changed his mind on the issue, fine, but he could have told me, so I didn't rehash an old complaint. But back in May 2021, he had denied the individual existence of Adam and Eve.

6:52 I don't know anyone who pretends Stalin was Catholic, unless they confuse Roman Catholic with Russian Orthodox.

9:55 Excuse me, but ... if someone struggles to start living as soon as possible a life free from for instance solitary sins, I do not need to specify, and to do so by marrying ... if such a person were to:

  • pray the Rosary (to get the help of the Blessed Virgin Mary)
  • do so in public (because one has no private room to do so in
  • engage in online apologetics with an offer to print, to eventually, once things get printed, have an income, so as to be able to marry ...


Is on your view the public display of apologetics and the possibly public display of the Rosary, a part of a sham show? Or a part of the struggle to better one's life.

There was a time when I did pray the Rosary, and for lack of apartment, often in public before I started begging, and there were people who made your point and made it about me, and it seems they have prayed SO loud to God about that, I have not been able to pray the rosary the last decade ... of years.

13:18 When it comes to the closest Novus Ordo parish, I would not dream of supposing all the laymen are insincere, I know many who are very sincere.

But they are misguided by priests who:
  • portray me as a Protestant for being Young Earth Creationist
  • portray me as a Nazi for being Fascist
  • portray me as an alcoholic, because I am no teetotaller (and because 1 pint helps me pee and therefore sleep better)
  • portray me as being darnel one must warn against, for being an online apologist and a Catholic such, while living what they consider an utterly un-Catholic life.


OR - who pretend my way of not being darnel is living up to the model of St. Francis, which is beyond what I have professed, I am a layman. Having the economics of St. Francis or St. Dominic (partly, since there is now money on my bank account) doesn't make me a Franciscan any more than a farmer becomes a monk for sharing the economics of St. Benedict of Nursia.

No comments: