Saturday, October 21, 2023

Taylor Marshall and a Franciscan are Discussing the Pseudo-Term Narcissist


Assorted retorts from yahoo boards and elsewhere: Doctor Gavin Ashenden is Mainly Right · Taylor Marshall and a Franciscan are Discussing the Pseudo-Term Narcissist · New blog on the kid: At a Certain Time, Lots of People were Reading Thomas Anthony Harris

How to Create a Narcissist
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NVkiihPz8gU


I made two comments:

I
Cult of the child ... did Joseph and Mary worship their son / fosterson Jesus?

"You really are raising narcissists"

So? You pronounce that is if being a narcissist were inherently bad. Committing the sin of superbia is inherently bad, being a narcissist isn't. It may amount to no more than "vana gloria" if as much, which acc. to St. Thomas is usually a venial sin.

However, "superbia" and "vana gloria" are terms of moral theology, and priests are judges of it. "Narcissist" is a psychological or psychiatric term, and shrinks are judges of it. It is evil and sacrilegious to outsource moral theology to shrinks.

II
"soup kitchen or nursing home"

If certain people I met as seeing me in a soup kitchen hadn't felt "entitled" to treat me as a case, as a social case, and treat any pretentions of my being a writer or composer (activities I actually do, the first of them regularly) as narcissism on my part, they could have already double worked as editor or instrumentalist or handed me on to someone who could, and I would have been out of the street soon after my arrival in Paris in 2009, instead of still being in the street 14 years later.

STOP IDOLISING SOUP KITCHENS!