Thursday, September 3, 2026

A CSL Fan Saying CSL Was Wrong


I'd Never Heard This C.S. Lewis Argument Before
Matt Fradd | 1 Sept. 2026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwsmIgZpD00


3:13 That's not my favourite chapter of Miracles.

It's a horrible (if not red) thing in exegesis. I think the exact same example is where CSL applies this to the Ascension, and that reading of the Ascension ends up basically saying the Incarnation was reversed.

Nope, wasn't. Jesus still has a body which certainly is present in each validly consecrated Host, but primarily is present under its own dimensions in Heaven, which therefore is a place and not just the Divinity. A physical place.

3:32 Old man in the clouds is a conflation of two Biblical images ... with physicality to them.

Daniel saw God the Father as "the ancient of days".

Jesus says He's coming back "in the clouds" ...

4:44 "signage"

I suppose that means a collection of sign posts, like "no U turns" and so on.

Would be a very good parallel if the Bible were only teaching values and if all the facts and especially physical ones were only obiter dicta. I think that position has been fairly recently condemned and with the precise wording "obiter dicta" in the condemnation, but I could be wrong.

5:17 The problem with Jordan Peterson is, he doesn't take Biblical truths seriously, when they are statements about fact, rather than value.

No comments: