Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Biblical Prophecy, a Mormon Called Up Joe Heschmeyer, and Then I Comment (Daniel 2)


A Reflection by Mother Miriam (Who I Think Has the Wrong Pope) · A Novus Ordo Gave Advice · FSSPX Does Not Equal Sedevacantism or Conclavism, There is a Difference of Approach · Biblical Prophecy, a Mormon Called Up Joe Heschmeyer, and Then I Comment (Daniel 2)

I'm Not Catholic Because I'm Mormon...
Catholic Answers Live Clips | 20 July 2026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgFlbDzW4wo


Just out of curiosity, has the Catholic Church condemned the Book of Mormon?

I am totally on board with Mormons usually being outside the Church (possible individual exceptions of the type Dimond brothers dispute and even then, they are outside Her in the external forum).

But it was founded in the early 1800's, like sometime after 1838 or sth. Book of Mormon is as far off a prequel to that Church as Book of Acts are, according to their claim. They can show no more direct unbroken unity with Nephite believers than with 1st C AD Jewish and Greek ones.

That said, I don't believe that book to be true, but what if it had been? Obviously, if it clearly teaches a theology like that of Joseph Smith, it's out.

6:16 While not disputing this, I'd say they also are the main rulers over another Eretz, the one divided from Sea in Genesis 1.

Rome is (to the exclusion of Genghis Khan) ruling in great shape in the treaty of Tordesillas.

When somewhat later one Tatar type kingdom actually does become important on the world wide scene, it claims to be Third Rome. I'm speaking of Muscovy. The only Tatar kingdom that came to rule one of the Four corners.

So, currently, the four corners are still in a sense ruled by Rome.

Alaska and Tasmania by post-Roman Britain's successor and Charlemagne's ally Alfred's successor. Cape Horn by a successor of Spain, which was once ruled by a Roman Emperor, Charles V. And Siberia by Third Rome.

But, the katekhon, as such, the dignity of Roman Emperor concretely on a human person was taken out of the way c. 100 years ago, when Nicholas II and Charles the Last were so.

One could say, the Holy Roman Empire got carved up into ten kingdoms, not counting Liechtenstein or Luxemburg.

1648, Austria lost Switzerland. 1864, the German parts of HRE apart from Habsburg lands (Erbländer), and after WW-I, it was divided into 8 regions. 1 + 1 + 8 = 10. St. Hippolytus thinks of the ten toes as democracies ... which all of the ten regions currently are.

11:12 "There isn't a clear day, when the great apostasy happened."

For an end times only great apostasy, this doesn't work.

I am open to Vatican II and even Assisi 86 being kind of false alarms, and the great apostasy happening when Wojtyla holds a speech in 1992 that mentions Galileo of Pisa. And by then an emergency conclave had already happened, so, the papacy was not seriously interrupted by Wojtyla losing it.

However, Popes Michael I and II have so far held already Vatican II and Novus Ordo were marks of The Great Apostasy.

As you might know, these never quite flew with all Catholics. Which means the Great Apostasy would even so not have been a Universal one, sth excluded by Matthew 28:16--20.

Cuando las reformas del Concilio Vaticano II comenzaron a implementarse en Norteamérica, fue Sáenz quien lideró la lucha contra ellas. Su tradicionalismo intransigente condujo a un rechazo de la nueva Iglesia Conciliar, y fue uno de los primeros en proponer la conclusión teológica del sedevacantismo, que sostiene que, desde la muerte del Papa Pío XII, ha habido un estado de sede vacante en Roma porque los siguientes llamados papas abrazaron las enseñanzas heréticas del falso Concilio Vaticano II.*


I think this means, Joaquín was still on board with Vatican II until it got practical consequences.

Even earlier? Well, in 1958, Duarte Costa and Michel Colin, though illegitimately so on other grounds, were refusing obedience to Roncalli.

12:52 I hadn't understood the dynastic part.

If I'd give an alternative interpretation ... ethnicities getting drawn into Rome and Germanic and Slavic people are still not Romance, or even Munich is under iron in 1864 and under clay in 1870, Austria is divided into iron of Austrofascism and clay of Social Democrats and Nazis in the 1930's. BUT they are still ethnically the same.

For my interpretation, we have St. Hippolytus.

Or against it. To him, the democracies are the toes.

But the mixing begins before the toes, so ...

* https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joaquín_Sáenz_y_Arriaga

No comments: