My Tribute to Charlie Kirk.
Melissa Dougherty | 10.IX.2026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHPB8R9mdXw
As a painter, don't you think a certain man with closer ties to the Salò Republic than to the Ventennio Fascista should have remained one?
I mean his paintings of architecture are some of the best Disney or Don Bluth background paintings!
First image.
Someone's a fan of Mussolini? Comparing Kirk to Il Duce is kind of a compliment to the latter, especially in context of death, when the latter hadn't been doing too well morally in politics for the last few years.
I mean, I'm pretty much a fan of the Ventennio Fascista (with a few things getting worse, like liberties for gypsies and journalists), but in the hour of death?
I hope Benito repented, went to purgatory a few years and was prayed out of purgatory by Italian nuns and a priest saying masses, but when he was hanged, he wasn't showing an absolutely clean slate.
1:47 Let's compare.
Mussolini came out of a civil war (shorter than the Spanish one) and took away some freedoms in a fear, not totally unreasonable, that unrestricted political freedoms might fan one again.
Charlie Kirk, from his own words, was trying to prevent one, by using existing freedoms to the best of his ability.
It's more like comparing him to Calvo Sotelo or José Antonio Primo de Rivera. Two men assassinated by the reds, when the generals on the Baleares saw this, they said the civil war was already ongoing, their rising was a way to fight on the right side in it.
5:11 Pro-Life.
Charlie Kirk wanted abortion bans, and Mussolini had a penal code in 1930, which stated:
- a mother (above 14 and in her right mind and under no external pressure) aborts on her own, 1 to 4 years
- a mother (same qualifications) aborts with medical assistance, 2 to 5 years, for her and for the doctor
- she's under 14, insane, mentally handicapped or under external pressure, is not legally deemed to have aborted on her own, whoever is legally deemed to have forced her gets 6 to 12 years.
I'm thankful for Charlie giving me the chance to remember a good side of Il Duce! (It was under the Ventennio, not the Salò Republic, which I find reprehensible, for camps among other things).
No comments:
Post a Comment