[of The Kent Hovind Creation Seminar (6 of 7): The Hovind Theory]
- If it comes to coming to Heaven, Kent Hovind is less useful than when it comes to defending truths about Genesis.
If your Church has one of THESE, you might be doing the right thing:
Catholic Encyclopedia > A > Altar Rail
- Catholicism has to be the largest religious joke on planet earth. It has left the truth of the bible and is making up its own doctrines, with which it deceives its masses. It's a satanic organization, get out of there and turn to the one and only who can forgive your sins and save you from the wrath of the Holy God, not Mary not the saints not the pope, only Yahweh through the sacrifice of his perfect spotless lamb Yeshua.
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- I hear an echo of Pharisees. "Who can forgive sins, except God alone?"
Well, the Man who was God, and who therefore could forgive sins, gave that power to the Apostles too. And therefore to their successors.
- +Hans-Georg Lundahl So you are saying that the Apostles were given power to forgive sins? Please reply with bible book, chapter and verse so I can verify your claims (which I believe to be false but I look forward to your evidence). Also I would like to know what part of my previous comment makes me a pharisee?
"But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts, 7Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only? 8And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts? 9Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk? 10But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,) 11I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house." This was proof that HE IS THE SON OF GOD. How on earth do you get that He was just another man who was able to forgive sins of other men? Please read your bilble, you are a man, you cannot forgive other people for sins they committed against God, just for things they did to you, so that in turn God will forgive your sins that you committed against Him.
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- "So you are saying that the Apostles were given power to forgive sins? Please reply with bible book, chapter and verse so I can verify your claims (which I believe to be false but I look forward to your evidence)."
Book : Gospel of St John
Chapter : 20
Verses : 21, 22, 23.
 He said therefore to them again: Peace be to you. As the Father hath sent me, I also send you.  When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost.  Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.
Douay-Rheims Bible + Challoner Notes : Gospel According to Saint John : Chapter 20
"Also I would like to know what part of my previous comment makes me a pharisee?"
 And when Jesus had seen their faith, he saith to the sick of the palsy: Son, thy sins are forgiven thee.  And there were some of the scribes sitting there, and thinking in their hearts:  Why doth this man speak thus? he blasphemeth. Who can forgive sins, but God only?
Douay-Rheims Bible + Challoner Notes : Gospel According to Saint Mark : Chapter 2
= Mark chapter 2
Sorry for Pharisee, it just says scribes in the text.
"This was proof that HE IS THE SON OF GOD. How on earth do you get that He was just another man who was able to forgive sins of other men?"
The Apostles and their legitimate successors are also not just another man able to forgive sins of other men, but as said in John 20 given this commission by the one you rightly acknowledged as Son of God.
Your presumption apostles never received that commission and never handed it down to successors is as erroneous as that of scribes not considering Our Lord as True God as well as True Man.
- +Hans-Georg Lundahl Im sorry my friend but no man can forgive your sins but God alone and His Son Jesus, definitely not a catholic priest, we all require jesus sacrifice as payment for our sins. The catholic church has so much to answer for in regards to the killing of "heretics" of our church fathers who in defiance to the catholic church published bibles in other languages other than latin to enable every day men and women to have access to the word of God without the control of the catholic church taking their money to tell them what the book said, or how the catholic church would hire hundreds of prostitutes for their priests, or the sale of indulgences to men who wanted to rape a virgin and have their sins forgiven by a priest, or the burning to the stake of anyone who chose to disagree with the catholic church. The catholic church has nothing to do with the true God of the bible, they worship money, power and satan. Jesus is the ONLY way to get to God, the pope ain't got any business trying to forgive people for their sins and neither do other priests.
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- "Im sorry my friend but no man can forgive your sins but God alone and His Son Jesus, definitely not a catholic priest"
You are NOT adressing John 20:21 - 24.
"we all require jesus sacrifice as payment for our sins."
Absolution form very much relies on that in confession. "May the merits of Jesus Christ" etc. So, confession is not a denial thereof.
At least not subjectively.
If objectively, show that. So far, you have not.
The rest of your answer was basically unhistorical diatribe.