Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Answering Jordan Peterson, whether he was speaking to me or not ...


A Harmless Man is NOT a Good Man - Jordan Peterson
After Skool, 27 June 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6gqNTtuMU8


Have you heard of a bull submitted to people who thought "a harmless bull is not a good bull"?

Ferdinand the Bull (film)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_the_Bull_(film)


Ferdinand the Bull is a 1938 American stand-alone animated short produced by Walt Disney Productions and released on November 25, 1938, by RKO Radio Pictures.[1] It was directed by Dick Rickard and based on the 1936 book The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf. The music was by Albert Hay Malotte, most known for his setting of The Lord's Prayer, commonly sung at weddings.


3:09 Lenin was actually worse than Stalin.
a) He attempted but never realised eugenics. I was quite confident on other grounds that Lenin is a better candidate for "seventh king" (Apoc 17:10, perhaps 17:11 in your Bible) than Hitler, but was unsure, because Hitler had eugenics. On this account, Lenin was as bad as Hitler, just not as efficient. It was Stalin who eliminated it and called it bourgeois.
b) Lenin used a kind of hippie communes to get to power, and then trod them under foot (Leningrad commune, mariners of Kronstadt), while Stalin was clear from the first he wouldn't tolerate that.

3:36 I have at least a recipe for not being like Lenin or Hitler in practise.

Believing in better models and better views on how to treat the poor.

Maybe won't work in the end, particularly if people with your profession continue to try to rub my nose into what they see as my horridness, by exposing me to my worst ... in my worst external conditions. But at least it's a try.

For the record, my better models do include Mussolini (prior to 1938, or in Ethiopia to 1934) and Franco. And Dollfuss. And Schuschnigg.

They also include Eamonn DeValera and Franz Joseph Strauss and a few more who technically were not dictators.

3:55 It may certainly be a way to wisdom on my behalf to volunteer to face the thing I least want to face.

It's not a way to either my wisdom or a network's if a network tries to force me to it.

5:34 Chesterton had a story about a club providing adventure.

A military man steps into one of the adventures the club provided. He didn't know it was one. He thought the dangers were real (to himself and particularly a lady, who was part of the club), and acted as a soldier. I think it is when he beats one of the fake crooks up that he says "wait, this was not the terms of your adventure" - "what do you mean?" ... he married the young lady, but never asked the club for another adventure.

The point being, writing an adventure for someone else may be great - if he's consented to it.

I do not own a cell phone. My online activity is from computers I borrow and have to leave when time is up. Outside computers, I'm very offline.

My alcohol consumption is about 3 - 3.5 cl pure alcohol in an evening, i e a pint of Leffe or 25 cl wine, or a larger bottle of weaker cider. Right now I don't even take that, due to having to build up muscles after tearing them down on an adventure others were providing - without my actually asking for it.

I do not think I correspond to the caricature you were showing. Some do, like people looking at the mere fact there is a bottle, or trying to figure out how much I spend on a cell phone with all my blogging, when the correct answer is zero hours, zero minutes, zero seconds. I do it from computers. Which I don't have with my homeless luggage and do not really intend to have at home, when I get one, if I can continue using libraries and cybers.

["Some do" - i e not correspond, but unlike me think that I correspond etc.]

I wonder how much Jungian therapy there was in the process of turning a man with a ring into a ring wraith .... a Tolkien scholar spoke about the "writhing process" ...

When you are making a Catholic unable to say the rosary, because the "sicut et nos dimittimus" becomes too irksome, you are overdoing it.

There is another and safer way to be good than discovering how bad you are, and that is, meditating on how good God is. Hence 15 mysteries of the rosary.

@bobbydsj
What are you a monk? Incidentally, a lot of monks are renown for their martial prowess. It's just you..

@hglundahl
@bobbydsj What is the exact point of your question?

Nothing in my comment warrants the question whether I am a monk.

If I had military prowess, that would still not warrant the idea of foisting an unasked for adventure on me. As some seem to be wanting to do.

Case in point. I set out from Paris to visit my mother in Sweden, 6.VI. I intended to get past the border, then relieve good old times as I had enjoyed with her as a child, with hitchhiking. 12.VI I went to a library to access the internet, and my sister told me mother had died. My first reaction was to hurry up to the burial. I took a train with no money for the ticket, and took it to Hamburg, where I hoped to meet a friend.

After that, getting at internet was so hard, and hitchhiking was so hardI barely reached that friend about a week later and staying in a place where I could have agreed a Western Union transfer with sis to pay for the train was made impossible. Sleep privations. Being in the street is in the Hamburg region much more humiliating than in the Paris region. I decided to get back to France when I realised the burial would make for big delays in my return.

That was not made easy. I was under the kind of police surveillance one would expect for a dangerous madman or criminal or terrorist.


7:40 Given that my mother actually died, 6.VI, I have a feeling I am being targetted, though not mentioned.

There are people that can be way more useful about her death than I, since I haven't been in Sweden since 2004.

But some would like to interpret my return to France as a refusal to face things ...

There are guys who would prefer me to face lots and lots and lots of things about my mother's death and so on, rather than to get on with my work as an online writer a k a blogger.

  • The guy (in Munster) who cited Jeremias 7 and 44 in misapplying it to Mariology was perhaps not too pleased when back in Paris I wrote "Jeremias 7 and 44 and the Duchess of Dorchester"
  • The guy who made a video called "What Jesus Told This Catholic Man Shocked Him!" (his name and title seem to be Dr. Francis Myles) may have been less than happy about my answer post "Faked Conversion from Catholicism Story?" where I highly question his story, since a former Catholic should not have the idea that a rosary has 66 beads (it has 59, plus medal and cross / crucifix).
  • Dr. Jordan Peterson, claiming to speak on behalf of people's mental needs, might be less happy about my responding about people's rights.


[tried to add the following below it:]

On top of that, if people hadn't been so eager to keep me offline nearly all the time in North Germany, I actually might have come to Malmowe to be useful. Now, I am being as useful as I can from Paris.

["however, some coward had taken away my comment on 7:40" - I said. Someone claimed it was the youtube algorithm, and I should add it back manually, which I do.]

No comments: