Wednesday, February 28, 2018

... on Catholicism and Gospel


William Lane Craig explains why he is not a Catholic
Arthur Olinto | Ajoutée le 17 févr. 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8xOG7l_XJM


I made two comments:

I
@ WLC : you are aware, aren't you, that not only Catholics but also Orthodox and Copts and Nestorians (I haven't checked for Armenians but think so too) believe in the bodily Assumption of the Blessed Virgin?

Leaving some of you who have no claim even of apostolic succession with unbroken apostolic tradition as the only ones today denying it.

II
Dixit WLC : "and although as a medieval theologian who lacked the historical method he couldn't give evidence for the historicity of the resurrection"

This is probably the dumbest thing I have seen in subtitles from an otherwise intelligent man, WLC!

Proving historicity has nothing to do with "the historical method" (of Weibull and likeminded, I have the dishonour of being a countryman to him, I presume you mean), but all to do with showing an unbroken tradition (written and oral both count) back to the events, contradicted by no equally old one.

No comments: