Monday, February 12, 2018

Are Theistic Apologetics Trinitarian, if by a Trinitarian? Yes.


Q
When Catholics and Protestants debate the existence of God with atheists, are they arguing in support of the Trinitarian God (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit) or just the Father?
https://www.quora.com/When-Catholics-and-Protestants-debate-the-existence-of-God-with-atheists-are-they-arguing-in-support-of-the-Trinitarian-God-the-Father-the-Son-and-the-Holy-Spirit-or-just-the-Father/answer/Hans-Georg-Lundahl


Hans-Georg Lundahl
Converted to Roman Catholic Church, Novus Ordo version, then to Trad.
Answered just now
I am a Catholic.

When I argue existence of God, on philosophical grounds, I argue the existence of a God whose precise personality remains to be found out by not so philosophical, historic means.

The God I argue is the Trinity. Each person is the God I argue. But at a stage when arguing that human language is a gift from God, mind is a gift from God, a Geocentric universe (unless you prefer explaining that away by Heliocentrism, which is unwarranted) looks suspiciously like sth God could have arranged for convenience, I am NOT yet arguing why I believe the God I believe in is the Trinity and not for instance the “Allah” of the Quran or the 22 Sephiroth of Kabbalah. Or the “one” of Plato.

No comments: