Monday, May 1, 2023

Can a Catholic be a Young Earth Creationist, or Does this Reveal Sloppy Reception into the Church (or a False Claim of Reception)?


Can a Catholic be a Young Earth Creationist, or Does this Reveal Sloppy Reception into the Church (or a False Claim of Reception)? · Can a Catholic Believe in Any Kind of Sedevacantism?

What to expect in RCIA! Responding to Protestants. Why I LOVED it. (now called OCIA)
LizziesAnswers, 9 April 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSyXNOiHWOI


2:06 Jesus gave 12 and 72 followers a 3 and a half years long course in OT exegesis, with Christological implications.

What does the commenter even mean?

10:04 It may be noted, when I became a Novus Ordo Catholic in 1988 (for a priest ordained in the old rite, in 1958!), and I made that statement:
  • I had been taught what you would call OCIA for longer than foreseen, since interrupting and starting over, for more than a full year
  • I had been taught from a Catechism fully compatible with YEC
  • I had been verbally told I did not need to be YEC, not no one had said I couldn't
  • and pour cause - Antipope Wojtyla hadn't as yet come out as Theistic Evolutionist, which he did in 1992, by which time I was a Trad - considering him as kind of Pope, but not to be obeyed, since a Modernist (I know - the FSSPX position is not totally coherent, even if Rev Paul Natterer tried to make it such).