Sunday, May 28, 2023

Under the same video by Casey Cole


Real Priest Answers Questions about Confession
Breaking In The Habit, 17th March 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRLZ_94eQss


My comments directly to the video on the previous post Fr. Casey has his sides, but these two videos are good.

Kristina L.
While I am not Catholic, my in-laws are. I appreciate this channel so much as it's helping me understand where they are coming from regarding their religious faith. Thank you for the clear explanations, and God bless you in your ministry.

Hans-Georg Lundahl
I don't think he is Catholic on all subjects, but on this one he is.

Dark Angel
@Hans-Georg Lundahl he is a catholic priest and he is catholic on everything

Hans-Georg Lundahl
@Dark Angel No, even Trent Horn could correct him on historicity of the Gospels, where he had pretended (Fr Casey, not Horn) that the memories of the disciples could have been distorted after decades.

I think I have heard him defend the Theory of Evolution as well.

Calvin Coolidge Simp
@Hans-Georg Lundahl the theory of evolution is not incompatible with Catholic teachings

Hans-Georg Lundahl
@Calvin Coolidge Simp Is your criterium on Catholic Teachings from Trent Session IV or from CCC § 283?

If the former, you cannot back your claim about "not incompatible" and if the latter in preference over the former, I will not buy your claim to be Catholic. You are obviously free to reciprocate the sentiment.

No comments: