- James Hough
- Catholic who teaches Catechism, RCIA, and Prayer classes.
- Can a Christian believe the Earth is 4.5 billions old or does the Bible tell us it is 6000 years old?
The Bible does not address the actual age of the earth. To try and force such an answer from the Bible is to misunderstand it wholly and to miss-use it.
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- 1h ago
"For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and the sea, and all things that are in them, and rested on the seventh day: therefore the Lord blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it."
Adam and Eve were created the sixth day, and Adam was 930 when he died, 130 or 230 when he begat Seth. Genesis 5 and Genesis 11 give us no room for billions of years or even 40 000 years in human history, and Exodus 20:11 just cited leaves no room for billions of years up to Adam’s creation either.
- Other blogs, same writer
- A thread from Catholic.com (more may be added)
- Answering Steve Rudd
- Have these dialogues taken place? Yes.
- Copyright issues on blogposts with shared copyright
- I think I wrote a mistaken word somewhere on youtube - or perhaps not
- What is Expertise? Some Things It is Not.
- It Seems Apocalypse is Explained in a Very Relevant Part
- Dialoguing Mainly with Adversaries
- Why do my Posts Right Here Not Answer YOUR Questio...