Thursday, August 5, 2021

Teens and Pregnancy, Three Questions


Q I
I was raped when I was 13, and the girl who raped me is pregnant. Do I have a right to make her get an abortion?
https://www.quora.com/I-was-raped-when-I-was-13-and-the-girl-who-raped-me-is-pregnant-Do-I-have-a-right-to-make-her-get-an-abortion/answer/Hans-Georg-Lundahl-1


Hans-Georg Lundahl
none/ apprx Masters Latin & Greek, Lund University
Answered 6m ago
No, you don’t.

In a decent society, you would have the right to marry her as soon as you were fourteen, if you forgave her raping you (however that happened).

And supposing she wasn’t married nor closely related to you.

Q II
My uncle raped and molested me. I am pregnant. I'm also 14 years old. What should I do? Should I abort the baby?
https://www.quora.com/My-uncle-raped-and-molested-me-I-am-pregnant-Im-also-14-years-old-What-should-I-do-Should-I-abort-the-baby/answer/Hans-Georg-Lundahl-1


Hans-Georg Lundahl
none/ apprx Masters Latin & Greek, Lund University
Answered just now
  • 1) No, you should not abort.
  • 2) In a decent society, you would have the right to marry.
  • 3) In this case, however, not the rapist, even if you forgive him. Since he is your uncle.
  • 4) So, in a decent society, you should not just keep the baby but also try to get a husband. It seems, Bill Clinton made US less decent, so you might want to let that wait to sixteen, main question is, will your parents or anyone else help you keep the baby while waiting? If so, go for it!


Q III
What if a very young girl (aged under 15) gets pregnant because she is raped, and abortion is illegal in her country? How is that fair on the young girl? She was raped, she didn’t ‘choose’ to have sex so that’s not an argument.
https://www.quora.com/What-if-a-very-young-girl-aged-under-15-gets-pregnant-because-she-is-raped-and-abortion-is-illegal-in-her-country-How-is-that-fair-on-the-young-girl-She-was-raped-she-didn-t-choose-to-have-sex-so-that-s-not-an/answer/Hans-Georg-Lundahl-1


Hans-Georg Lundahl
none/ apprx Masters Latin & Greek, Lund University
Answered just now
While it is perhaps unfair on her, it would be still more unfair to the unborn baby to abort it, and it is clearly not always the choice of such young mothers to abort, they are more than once under pressure when doing it.

Even a girl of 12 or 13 would agree it wasn’t the baby who raped her.

No comments: