Saturday, August 15, 2026

Starting a Video by a "Catholic" Anti-Fundie


An Analysis of "Catholic Fundamentalism"
Splendour Project | 31 July 2026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaxyG3h2D_o


[good standing with the Pope]

2:13 Depends on who's Pope, right?

Leo XIV or Pope Michael II.

Clippy Clippy (Clippy奔走革命)
@Clippy奔走革命
😂

Hans-Georg Lundahl
@hglundahl
@Clippy奔走革命 Saw your site.

Believing Michael II is Pope is not an existential crisis. Thank you so kindly for the offer, even if it was indirect.

jmmvirta
@jmmvirta
Most people won't take Michael II seriously. The first "Pope" Michael was "elected" by schismatic laymen, not Cardinals.

Hans-Georg Lundahl
@jmmvirta Most people didn't take the original apostles seriously.

Being elected by laymen is against current Church law, it's not against divine law.

And the laymen were "schismatic" only to someone who pretends Karol Wojtyla was "Pope". See Assisi 1986 for one very blatant challenge to such a claim.





You referred to this:

“What seems to me white, I will believe black if the hierarchical Church so defines.”
― St. Ignatius of Loyola

Note two things.

1) He's defining for those making the fourth promise of the Jesuit order what it means. A little like St. Francis would be precise about poverty. I don't need to wear one single habit and mend it until it can't be mended any more, because I have not made the vows of chastity, poverty and obedience. I also haven't made the fourth promise of the Jesuits.
2) IN the quote, it doesn't say "what seems to me black, I will believe white" ... some laymen thought "not Theotokos" was black, even if it came from the mouth or their hierarch. And the Church, a k a Pope Coelestine I, Saint Coelestine I, told them they were right to count Nestorius as already deposed by his words, even before the Third Ecumenical council confirmed the verdict.

I was a Fundamentalist when I converted to Catholicism and thought I could obey "John Paul II" ... this was before CCC § 283.




3:56 impenetrable cognitive fortress

The word is heavy with psychological and psychiatric connotations about delusion.

Very heavy.

Does this language exist in traditional (small t, as in chronologically pre-Vatican II or pre-Fifties) Catholic language?

Viewing oneself as sth and being incapable of even taking in arguments contrary to one's position are two different things.

People who get refuted by me in argument, or from their pov rebuffed, will resort to pretending I didn't take in their argument, my "cognitive fortress" is impenetrable, and this is because of sth I view myself as.

It isn't. On each issue where one can consider me as closeminded, I have been openminded. I have landed in a position rejected as "radical", "fundamentalist" and so on, and I'm not the one bringing up my status time after time, my opponents are.

I give a syllogism and a countersyllogism involving God and Geocentrism (you can conclude from Geocentrism to God, from Atheism against Geocentrism) and get caught time after time with people who try to tell me, as if they knew me better than I know myself, the issue is who I think I am.

I think I am a man created in the image of God.

I think I am a man who can decode what St. Paul in Romans I says everyone can decode.

And if I calculate someone's gematria with ASCII, I consider knowing ASCII qualifies "knowledge". St. John didn't say I need wisdom. He only says I need knowledge, and that that is wisdom. Or, on another reading, this is a riddle (to be actually solved).

iwan yids0818
@iwansaputra1890
you smell like martin luther.
it's all about me

Hans-Georg Lundahl
@iwansaputra1890 Your comment is all about me.

I've complained about people insisting on bringing me up as if "so and so is Pope" always would trump "such and such is heresy".

The laymen who called Nestorius out were not about them, they were about defending the Theotokos.

I'm also about defending what has been held and what is presumably still held by the Catholic Church, whereever She be, if She is indefectible.

Luther had core positions, not just technical solutions, but real core doctrine, that didn't exist 50 years earlier.

No comments: