Saturday, August 15, 2026

Some Orthos May Think I'm Victim of Prelest for being into Fatima or Lourdes


Here is my response to them, under a video by one of their priests. By the way, if some of them pretend I'm myself pretending to such visions, no.

My writing is learning, not visions (not own or unapproved ones, perhaps except Garabandal, and that rarely), and also not my personal devotion, but learning I find useful in the general forum.

Why The Orthodox Church Hides Mary's Apparitions | An Orthodox Priest Responds
Orthodox Talks with Fr. Ivan Shandra | 7 Aug. 2026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt46RiDVexc


10:43 Does this stop you from making an assessment of whether Fatima is closer to the revelation to Serafim of Sarov (as you see it) or to that of Nikitas?

Dito Lourdes.

12:21 Lourdes and Fatima were for the community. Healings are still validated in Lourdes.

Even if all healings from tuberculose peritonitis were explained retroactively after validation as blue cheese or goat cheese having a mold very similar to penicilline, that leaves half of the healings unexplained ... of the validated ones that are a minority of all reported.

I've just argued that the bigger War Our Lady warned of began in 1934 and ended in 1990, so it came under the pontificate of Pius XI. (WW-II was an episode in it).

12:45 Independent verification and fulfilled prophecy also mark Lourdes and Fatima.

12:56 Fatima and Lourdes are much less about St. Jacinta and St. Bernadette, than about praying the rosary.

Lourdes also about the Immaculate Conception.

13:05 I have argued that the last apparition of Fatima was the vigil of the last time the Czar celebrated the Feast of the Protection of the Theotokos.

Fr. Jason Charron has gone one further. He argues the time in Portugal which is further West coincides with First Vespers of the Feast in Kazan.

JD
@CaffeineBlast
Could this be seen as a call for unity?

Hans-Georg Lundahl
hglundahl
@CaffeineBlast I don't know, and I'm not the one authorised to reply for either body.

But could be.

JD
@hglundahl I think this occurrence could be seen as a message to us that it’s God’s will we reunite. We need to conform our will to His, if those authorised to reply don’t move to reunify then the lay people need to make it happen. Easier said than done, but it’s time in my opinion.

Hans-Georg Lundahl
@CaffeineBlast Not sure how much lay can do on their own.


13:15 A secret about events to come is in fact no new doctrine.

Just as Jeremias foretelling the alliance with Egypt would fail was no new doctrine.

In Lourdes, there was no new doctrine, since the doctrine was already defined dogma just a year or two earlier. But it came as a confirmation after doubters.

theresejesu
@theresejesu4296
No a secret about events is not new doctrine. Doctrines are teachings of the Church in matters of faith and morals.

Lourdes did not confirm the Dogma of the Immaculate Conception.. Bernadette being told by Mary that she is the Immaculate Conception helped to confirm that Bernadette was indeed receiving apparitions of Mary.

Hans-Georg Lundahl
@theresejesu4296 Obviously that too.

Helped to confirm, depends on "to whom" ...

If anyone in the Church was diffident in face of Döllinger, that person was helped by Lourdes.

The Church as such was already decided, obviously.

theresejesu
@hglundahl to whom - the competent authority to determine the authenticity of the apparition, the Bishop.

And I agree with you about those who are not well versed in Catholic doctrines being helped also.

There is a book that I have really appreciated by Father Groschel* titled A Still, Small Voice: A Practical Guide on Reported Revelations.

I think if more people read and understood what he shares about apparitions, messages, etc, there would be a lot less confusion.

Hans-Georg Lundahl
@theresejesu4296 Yes, to the bishop of Tarbes and the curate of Lourdes, the words confirmed the apparition was genuine.

They already knew that the dogma was dogma.

Father Groschel*, noted.

* footnote
Still Small Voice: Practical Guide on Reported Revelations
by Benedict J. Groeschel (Author)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0898704367/theotokoscath-21


15:14 I appreciate the caution, as practised by the Church of Old Rome.

B♥!
@beautardyartist
Yes except Orthodoxy comes from Constantinople, not Rome.

Владислав Круглов ConISuoiAmici
@vlakrunn
@beautardyartist but Rome was orthodox, sometimes even when Constantinople was not

B♥!
@vlakrunn please explain because I'm not following???

Greg Chrysostom
gregchrysostom2193
@beautardyartist Iconoclasm, for one thing. Rome put a stop to it, not the eastern bishops. And Arianism. Something like 90% of the Churches bishops were Arian for a time. Rome resolved that as well.

B♥!
@gregchrysostom2193 correct - and Orthodox clearly make icons.

Hans-Georg Lundahl
@beautardyartist As does Roman Catholicism.


Guadelupe, precautions and verifications are very clear:

The Hidden Miracle Behind Our Lady of Guadalupe
Messenger of God | 7 Aug. 2026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igFIbna8OVo

No comments: