4 Things Christians Believed About the Bible 500 Years Ago
Mindshift | 24 Sept. 2026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhXdUyGKy34
I Geocentrism
I still support a stationary earth.
- A
- Youknow Itstrue
- @youknowitstrue3826
- Youknow Itstrue
- Too bad objective reality doesn't care what you support.
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- @hglundahl
- @youknowitstrue3826 You have the private phone number of "objective reality"?
Objective observations do support Geocentrism.
- conquest_icon
- @conquest_icon-f4w
- @hglundahl , The Sun is stationary the earth moves๐๐๐. How much easier do you want me to explain it to you๐๐๐
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- @conquest_icon-f4w OK, I didn't doubt you had this explanation so now proceed to provide another thing ... the proof.
Especially the proof from observation. Nearly all of the ones astronomy are based on are geocentric ones.
- conquest_icon
- @hglundahl ๐๐๐๐.
- Youknow Itstrue
- @hglundahl It sure doesn't, pagan, but a neat little feature of objective reality is that it can be tested, verified and proven. Crazy concept, huh? Of course, you pagans are various degrees of functionally braindead and pathological liars, but since you claimed that "objective observations" support your claim I would love to see the research you don't have. And I bet there's a lot of scientists in all related fields agreeing with you too. Otherwise, do you have any theories as to why not?
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- @conquest_icon-f4w OK, have a laugh, you may need it ...
When you're done, get back to proving ... if you can.
In case you skipped logic, proving sth to be true and explaining how it works are not the same logic operation.
- conquest_icon
- @hglundahl , go read a basic book on astronomy. I am not here to teach you about the earth's revolutions ๐๐๐
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- @conquest_icon-f4w No, because when it comes to proving, you know you can't.
I did pick up a book on astronomy the afternoon before I became a Geocentric for good.
I did check that the "proper movement" that was largest, 10 arc seconds per year, was a significant portion of the "aberration" and way surpassed the "parallax" ... that and knowing about angelic movers (as per St. Thomas or Riccioli) did it. Parallax didn't prove Earth moved each year, as I had been thinking.
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- @youknowitstrue3826 $"tested, verified and proven."
I don't know what you mean by "Pagan", but I do know that tested, verified and proven are not what you support Heliocentrism with.
My research involves looking up at the sky. So does Herschel's. Now tell me what Herschel saw (which I'm probably aware of) which convinced him and you and on your view should convince me that Heliocentrism is "tested, verified and proven" as you put it ...
- conquest_icon
- @hglundahl , st Thomas of riccolli ๐๐๐๐. That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. We are talking about astronomy. You are quoting the man who taught it was OK to kill heretics.
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- @conquest_icon-f4w Both of St. Thomas Aquinas and Giovanni Battista Riccioli thought it was OK to execute heretics under certain court procedures.
It's not just one man.
Both of them spoke of angelic movers, and Riccioli, the one of them who was an astronomer, recognised there is no such science as astrophysics. Especially not on the level of Celestial Mechanics. He did however think angelic movers made most sense.
- Youknow Itstrue
- @hglundahl What software and hardware do you use? Which book? How did you disprove or explain stellar parallax or Foucault pendelum? Do you believe in gravity? You want us to believe this truth you have, right? So what's the problem?
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- @youknowitstrue3826 "What software and hardware do you use?"
None, my argument is simpler than that.
"Which book?"
I consulted? A paperback from 1980 in Swedish. It said the greatest parallax was 0.76 arc seconds, the aberration 20 arcs seconds (unless I misrecall) and Barnard's star 10 arc seconds (not back and forth, and per year, so c. 1/4 of the aberration).
"How did you disprove or explain stellar parallax"
After looking at the info on Barnard's star and knowing angelic movers: by angelic movers.
"or Foucault pendelum?"
Space has a substance, not just empty coordinates. That substance circles earth up to the height of Fix stars 1 full circle in 23 h 56 min. Moved, not by an angel, but by God.
"Do you believe in gravity?"
I do not believe gravity to be the sole cause in the universe. Even Heliocentrism accepts inertia too. As I believe God exists and angels exist, I see no reason why gravity and inertia should be the sole two causes even on this scale, and therefore none to distrust the immediate observation.
"You want us to believe this truth you have, right?"
Why the heck "this truth you have" .... centuries have had it in millions, I'm not unique, just reactionary.
- conquest_icon
- @hglundahl , both of them were ignorant as it pertains to basic science ๐๐๐
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- @conquest_icon-f4w If by "basic science" you mean "materialistic world view" that's not ignorance, it's disagreement.
If you mean "basic astronomy" (the scientific discipline), it's ludicrous to call Ricciolu ignorant, he beats both of us.
- B
- conquest_icon
- @youknowitstrue3826 , read their other comments, this individual if they are not a bot does not deal in reality ๐๐๐
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- @conquest_icon-f4w You are aware that this kind of marginalisation of opposition is an excellent method of keeping a lie going, even if it's a lie ... of keeping anything going even if it isn't true, that is
I'm not a fan of Luther, Martin, but his view on Copernicus, well, even a broken clock is right twice a day ...
the word is "phenomenological language" and it could apply to Joshua 10:13. As Luther mentioned, it's much harder to fit it with Joshua 10:12, because Joshua is there not telling anyone what happened, but he's on God's behalf ordering the thing that needs to miraculously change behaviour
II Young Earth Creationism
I think you overdo the difference of interpretation, except as to the choice of text version, like LXX over Masoretic timeline (different in Genesis 5 and 11) and between 6 * 24 h vs "one single moment" ...
III Mosaic authorship
again, Moses wrote the Pentateuch
most chapters of Genesis were pre-written by patriarchs or pre-dictated orally, and last chapters of Deuteronomy were written by Joshua
Moses had a vision of creation on Mount Sinai
IV usury
I'm opposed to lending on interest
borrowing is not the borrower's sin of interest taking, but the lender's ...
No comments:
Post a Comment