Saturday, April 6, 2024

Asking Me For Patience is Stupid — and NOT Because I am Impatient, But the Patience I Have is Ill Used By Others


New blog on the kid: 7 Day Adventists in Putin's Russia · There is a Certain Brand of Orthodox · Is Someone Accusing me of the Faults of the Gospel's Pharisees? · Assorted retorts from yahoo boards and elsewhere: Asking Me For Patience is Stupid — and NOT Because I am Impatient, But the Patience I Have is Ill Used By Others · I'm Glad CSL Got Out of his Belsen Situation at Wyvern

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait | Fr. Gregory Pine, O.P.
Pints With Aquinas | 6 April 2024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx5l7-0WqtY


5:11 Distinguo. As a ... man. Yes, I know who I am without relying on any other.

As a ... breadwinner — we all rely on others.

There is a real problem when those I would normally rely on to partner with me for their own as well as my upkeep based on my work as a writer and theirs as printers and publishers are exactly the ones who think I need to learn patience.

The fact that I take on another adversary in apologetics doesn't mean I'm uncertain in my faith.

The fact that I niggle with details doesn't mean I am somehow uncertain about my solution for carbon 14.

The fact that you haven't looked through my 12 000 blog posts and found the solution to a technical problem you would use as objection doesn't necessarily mean that I have neglected it so far, or even if I have, that it is as grave as you suppose. As you know I use a LXX based chronology for Genesis 5 and 11, the one you find in the traditional Christmas proclamation, Martyrologium Romanum (it has been there since a late 15th C. version of Usuard), and you might object that Methuselah survives the Flood in the normalised LXX text. I just saw a lecture on this precise topic, and it turns out that manuscripts of the LXX where his age of begetting Lamech is 187 do go back some time, plus I already knew Josephus and now I know a Liber Antiquitatum Biblicarum has a mainly LXX compatible chronology for Genesis 5, and has Lamech begotten when Methuselah was 187 and is not based on LXX, but on Hebrew texts, since Lamech begets at 182 as opposed to 188. AND I know Demetrius the Chronographer wrote soon after the translation of the LXX, and does not have the "Methuselah after the Flood" problem. AND I know St. Augustine testifies to having seen Greek (i e LXX) manuscripts without this problem.

If you had simply asked me straight out instead of praying for me (supposing it was you, or whoever it was), I might have found Dating Methuselah's Death: Pre or Post Flood? with Henry B. Smith Jr. on Associates for Biblical Research anyway.

6:58 And maybe there are some guys who need to change attitude.

You know, bullying is a cause of sadness.

You know, suggesting to a bully victim, he's perhaps in need of medication is more bullying.

You know, some guys have already tried that rout, it landed me in 3 and a half years' prison for my legitimate defense against a policeman, of which I served 2/3.

You know the kind of guy who calls "schizo" to a Young Earth Creationist is ... a Marxist. A man whom Christians have resisted before and may have a right or even duty to resist again. DO NOT side with such guys.

10:23 There is nothing in my project that impedes printing tomorrow.

There is something in some other guys view of my project which would make that very unwelcome to them.

That Jews, Protestants, openly Atheist Marxists have this attitude is no surprise.

That Roman Catholics are willing to take cues from Jewish Atheists on Young Earth Creationist convictions maybe needing medication or therapy, well, that's what Anglo-Saxons called "syrecræft" or "sarrow-craft" and the French have taught England to call "treason" ...

12:35 While some French guys think my opposition to school compulsion is a wild dream of hippie life, school compulsion put one guy of 15 face to face with 5 people who killed him.

In other words, people who think I need to reconsider, and basically wait with all kind of success until they think I have sufficiently reconsidered, are causing deaths.

Look up Viry-Châtillon, 4th of April, he died afternoon of Friday 5th.

No comments: