Monday, April 8, 2024

In Case Someone Accuses Me of Losing the Faith


In Case Someone Accuses Me of Losing the Faith · I May Feel Like Exonerating Mike Gendron, But I Won't Admire Him

Fr Radecki (CMRI) The Doubt of St Thomas: We Must Guard our Faith to preserve it
St AnthonyPadua RadTrad | 8 April 2024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqHWvQ8gDFk


4:10 Do you recognise Deep Time as a false philosophy masquerading as science?

Do you recognise Heliocentrism and its umpteenth update (some of which may be better described as Acentrism) and Deep Space as a false philosophy masquerading as science?

If you do, if you have that goodwill, I have arguments.

4:55 I do not pretend to have definite proof for the Trinity or the Incarnation, apart from the Gospel.

Existence of God and non-cogency of Deep Time are not mysteries of faith. Neither is impossibility of what some call "macro-evolution" ...

Extending the domaine of pure trust from mysteries of faith to matters that involve scientific investigation, is a Fideist error, one I heard from Calvinists in Vienna, while mother was providing actual Apologetics material, like Can We Know?

It's thanks to Apologetics I became a Catholic.

6:19 Unless I make for instance Tovia Singer the butt end of the ridicule.

He tried to pull a quick one about Genesis 49 predicting the Messiah came before Herod's successors surrendered to Rome. In terms of arguments, he had the worst of it.

7:23 It is suicidal to frequent the sacrifice of the Mass in a parish where the priest prays that you have all the understanding and charity, and sacrifice, and the rest have all the prudence and legitimate self interest and in fact wordliness.

This happened to me in St. Nicolas du Chardonnet, in Paris. I ceased to frequent the Sede parish due to a very large risk they would do exactly the same. The priest basically required me to make a confession before talking of everything else.

If a poor person, of talent, of merit, but whom some wish to treat as a social outcast because he is homeless, can speak to the priest only in confession, and never about his profession — as writer, that basically means that the priest intends to keep him, unjustly, as a social outcast in the parish.

Accepting Pope Michael I, and now Pope Michael II, cannot be described as loss of faith. It could be described, I think by ill will, as schismatic. If you do not believe "Francis" is Pope, against whom? Sedeprivationism is not a solution, it is an added problem. Stating so and so is Pope, but "right now" has to be resisted, is OK, if it is just right now. Resisting on the New Mass for 50 years, while still pretending the men promulgating and re-endorsing the promulgation of it are Popes, is also not a solution. It is also an added problem. Unless you have an Eastern Orthodox view of Pope and Bishops, which is why I had no sufficient problem with it when returning from those to the FSSPX as first stop back in Catholicism. I was badgered to accept a fully Roman Catholic vierw of the papacy, I did, and as a result, I came to see "Benedict XVI" as arguably not the Pope.

Skipping context
as it involves someone's possibly private info.

Giving my answer
which is not private
I'm a revert from Orthodoxy.

More precisely, from a community held by that modernist version.

They also have Trad communities, which are often likely to state things like "Jesuits [or Franciscans] martyred St. Peter the Aleut for refusing to communicate in Azymes" (btw, realising there was a way to reconcile John 19 with Our Lord celebrating the Seder of Azymes on Maundy Thursday was part of why I reverted); or "while some people are heretics and should be excommunicated, burning them on the stake was wrong" (confer Emperor Isaac Comnenus burning Basil the Physician on a stake before the Inquisition, confer Avvakum burned for opposing the new liturgy as well as the Skirzhal of 1666, which denied the Immaculate Conception) or again "Pius XII was the man who from religious hatred fuelled the Croatian genocide on Serbs, through Alojzije Stepinac" (in fact, the latter, in full communion with the Pope, first tried to stop the policies and when it didn't work, decided to do what he could to defend Serbs and Jews and others from getting caught : if he did have a hand in getting Nikolai Velimirovic — who had defended the concept of Deutsche Christen — into German captivity, a Serb was arguably safer in Dachau than in Jasenovac, especially one who had defended Hitler).

I never belonged formally to a Trad Community, I was Romanian of the usual Neohimerite persuasion. The guys who celebrate Christmas same day as we do, not 13 days later according to the Julian calendar.

I had hoped to have a sacramental life, to hold out one hand to Catholic trads (I did not go to Mass in Le Barroux, but I did go to hours) and another to Orthodox ones.

No such luck. Part of the guys thought I was not sufficiently over Catholicism and another part thought my traddyness was "uncharitable" -- what finally pushed me back was a Pentecost sermon in 2009, where the priest pretended Benedict XVI had been uncharitable in his remarks about condoms and Africa. Anything but. No African trying to avoid AIDS can complain of someone saying "condoms is not enough, it takes fidelity" ... if anyone had subjective reasons to be obfuscated, it would rather be Med personnel trying to push those things. And who were willing to take the risk, some Africans took it as magic and did not even use the barrier sufficiently to avoid contagion, but that would just allow them the next campaign, years later down the road, after more cases, of more "enlightenment" campaigns ...

Plus there is something older than modernism. The hesychastic view on prayer, I have no problem. But the hesychastic view on some other things, like anti-scholasticism, I definitely do have a problem. Or like obedience even in mortal sin. You know, the starets or father confessor accompanies the disciple or penitent into mortal sin in the hope of leading him out of it ... I had started writing (on the now defunct MSN Group Antimodernism) before I even had Orthos to obey, and as a result, they had a tendency to shun it as it was not a work of obedience. Though in fact, it started out earlier as obedience to my mother, but they never asked me about that. A nice subterfuge for people who thought the very least they could do to merit a decent bourgeois existence in France was to accept Earth turning around the Sun or millions and billions of years.

May I suggest you contact the Vatican in Exile instead?


This video involves no Protestant heresy (OK, I haven't heard the last minutes yet). It is however implictly critical of Pius XII accepting Deep Time (mostly for geologic column reasons), and so, my partial endorsement for some Protestants on this point cannot stamp me as Protestant, any more than agreeing with them abortion is evil does:

Warning Christians: Hollywood Is TRICKING Our Children!
Answers in Genesis Canada | 10 Febr 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJiltUNR7EE


[I was right that the person alluded to considered his info as private. If so, sharing it in a youtube comment was not overly skilful.]

To channel owner, to Fr Radetcki, and to others who are not unwilling to have answers shared via my blog:

  • is there anyone who considers Conclavism as more evil than Protestantism?
  • if so, is that a reason against my material, because I am also a Conclavist, namely that my other writing than specifically for the cause (such being in a minority) are also boycotted against because of my person?
  • do you consider my now being a Conclavist to justify retrospectively the treatment I had as a writer when I was in St. Nicolas du Chardonnet, FSSPX?
  • besides, what is this very abject rating of Conclavism supposed to be based on?


I heard "a bird tweet" sth related to my first question, but the person is not available for a debate that I can share on my blog.

No comments: