- How didn't Greece convert to Islam under Ottoman Empire?
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- History buff since childhood. CSL & Eco added to Medieval lore. + Classics.
- Answered just now
- Some did. They were known as Turks.
When Greece was freed, they usually left Greece and went to Turkey.
At the Black Sea coast the inverse happened, those who had remained Greeks were so few they went to Greece.
In fact, in the time of Atatürk an exchange of populations was proposed to avoid the Black Sea Greeks getting killed by Turks.
On Cyprus, the cohabitation was in more equal numbers, and after a few conflicts, the island was parted into two regions. One for each religion and ethnicity.
- Other blogs, same writer
- A thread from Catholic.com (more may be added)
- Answering Steve Rudd
- Have these dialogues taken place? Yes.
- Copyright issues on blogposts with shared copyright
- I think I wrote a mistaken word somewhere on youtube - or perhaps not
- What is Expertise? Some Things It is Not.
- It Seems Apocalypse is Explained in a Very Relevant Part
- Dialoguing Mainly with Adversaries
- Why do my Posts Right Here Not Answer YOUR Questio...