- Since Sunday is a feast day, can Catholics break their Lenten fast on Sundays?
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- none/ apprx Masters Latin & Greek, Lund University
- Answered 4m ago
- The beginning of Lent is calculated for 40 days of fasting to exclude Sundays.
Catholics at least Latin rite exclude Sundays, have six weeks of six fast days after four extra days starting with Ash Wednesday. Orthodox have 8 weeks of 5 fast days, as they also exclude Saturdays.
Fasting on Sundays is a heretical practise of the Arians! It is an offense.
- Other blogs, same writer
- A thread from Catholic.com (more may be added)
- Answering Steve Rudd
- Have these dialogues taken place? Yes.
- Copyright issues on blogposts with shared copyright
- I think I wrote a mistaken word somewhere on youtube - or perhaps not
- What is Expertise? Some Things It is Not.
- It Seems Apocalypse is Explained in a Very Relevant Part
- Dialoguing Mainly with Adversaries
- Why do my Posts Right Here Not Answer YOUR Questio...