Monday, September 25, 2023

Rant


Stop Pretending to Be Young w/ Jeff Cavins
Pints With Aquinas, 20 Sept. 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF9PyJfPFeg


Title.

I feel very discretely talked to, but in such a way as to stop anyone not knowing about me in advance from getting a hint about me from your conversation.

I do not pretend to be young - I simply have more in common with Gen Z than with my own generation that bullied me when I was fifteen, bullied me when I was 30, and is now bullying me over my supposed "pretending to be young" - in order to have children, which is the primary goal of marriage, I very definitely need a considerably young-ER wife, in fact at best a young one, so shutting me in with the culture of MY generation, remember the one I have every reason to hate because of decades of bullying is an evil thing.

Who is putting you up to this? "Pope Francis"? Or just an underling? In either case, consider this ...

Just as it is licit to resist the Pontiff who attacks the body, so also is it licit to resist him who attacks souls or destroys the civil order or above all, tries to destroy the Church. I say that it is licit to resist him by not doing what he orders and by impeding the execution of his will. It is not licit, however, to judge him, to punish him, or to depose him, for these are acts proper to a superior. (De Romano Pontifice. II.29.)


From Did Bellarmine Condemn Sedevacantism? by Rev. Anthony Cekada.

What does Fr. Cekada answer?

Bellarmine, rather, is discussing the course of action which may legitimately be taken against a pope who upsets the political order or “kills souls by his bad example.” A king or a council may not depose such a pope, Bellarmine argues, because they are not his superior — but they may resist him.


Note here, when it comes to resisting evil orders given in discretion, I (not Bellarmine, just me) would say anyone has a right to resist them, like anyone had a right to hide Jews from the Gestapo.

I am given a list of complaints against my behaviour over and over again. One item here, I change nothing, another item here, I change nothing, and so on ... lots of the things people like you complain about would be out of the way if I had money from my writing and a wife and between them also an appartment. Others wouldn't.

You find it perhaps irksome when someone your age "acts 15" ... I was getting that sauce from some over being into Lord of the Rings, decades ago. "Come on, you are thirty plus, what's up with you acting you were still a teen?" I may prefer "always be my unicorn" over an 80's hit in glamrock ... I may for that matter prefer sth by Angelo Kelly or the Dubliners or the Pogues over either.

People have been praying for every excuse to exclude me, and last time I checked my statistics, they were a trickle in the US, an even smaller one in France, but thousands of them a day in Singapore. Where, unlike the US, I don't know youtubers, bloggers or people on FB (or perhaps just one or two) even over the internet. I don't mind having readers in Singapore, but I do mind losing readers in the US and I also very much mind being talked to over the head of the rest of those listening.

_____________________

When Catholics do this kind of thing, they seem to be offering on a golden plate opportunities to Ortlund and Cooper to reask the question "are you really sure you did right back when you left the Swedish state Church to become Catholic" ... which happened in 1988, OK.

I'd love to take them on simply as an exercise in Apologetics, but it becomes very irksome if I receive nothing for it, neither money nor the fame from which I can get money (through a paper editor), and people like you go "well, if he doesn't accept Pope Francis, perhaps he isn't Catholic" ...

There is a species of "youth" which I'd love to end - poverty with celibacy. People like you are keeping me back in it, so far ... if you are in the preparations of repairing it, fine, say so, but so far, no good news in sight.

No comments: