- Other blogs, same writer
- A thread from Catholic.com (more may be added)
- Answering Steve Rudd
- Have these dialogues taken place? Yes.
- Copyright issues on blogposts with shared copyright
- I think I wrote a mistaken word somewhere on youtube - or perhaps not
- What is Expertise? Some Things It is Not.
- It Seems Apocalypse is Explained in a Very Relevant Part
- Dialoguing Mainly with Adversaries
- Why do my Posts Right Here Not Answer YOUR Questio...
Saturday, July 1, 2023
Can a Catholic Conclude the Pope is Wrong? Check Michael Lofton!
James White straw mans the papacy
My comment, first line a re-emphasised quote from the short:
Compare what he says to the plain meaning of Sacred Scripture.
Excellent criterium. I think that leaves "John Paul II, Benedict XVI, Francis" pretty obviously wrong about the age of the Earth and the Universe and about the origin of man.
And Pius XII in 1951, allocution to academy of sciences, wrong about the age of the earth, but that was a lower key statement, and for his knowledge did not necessarily imply the thing he shouldn't have authorised to even defend (as per by Catholics) in the previous year.
Explicitly - or as per a syllogism of various explicit statements.
Universe was created same time (at least roughly, give or take within 168 hours) as man, Marc 10:6.
Adam was created within very few millennia from when Abraham visited a pharao, Genesis 5 and 11.
= > The universe was created within very few millennia back from when Abraham visited a pharao.
Other teachings of the magisterium?
Check the Galileo process!