- Other blogs, same writer
- A thread from Catholic.com (more may be added)
- Answering Steve Rudd
- Have these dialogues taken place? Yes.
- Copyright issues on blogposts with shared copyright
- I think I wrote a mistaken word somewhere on youtube - or perhaps not
- What is Expertise? Some Things It is Not.
- It Seems Apocalypse is Explained in a Very Relevant Part
- Dialoguing Mainly with Adversaries
- Why do my Posts Right Here Not Answer YOUR Questio...
Friday, July 14, 2023
Michael Lofton has Sth Substantial to Say on some LGBTQ Perverted Theologies
Correcting a Priest on the Sin of Sodom | The Michael Lofton Show
Reason & Theology | 13.VII.2023
1:20 I think you need to reflect on Ezechiel giving a full definition of the sin of Sodom.
Chapter 16 has 49 Behold this was the iniquity of Sodom thy sister, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance, and the idleness of her, and of her daughters: and they did not put forth their hand to the needy, and to the poor 50 And they were lifted up, and committed abominations before me: and I took them away as thou hast seen.
1) pride, fulness of bread, and abundance, and the idleness of her, and of her daughters = leads to lust
2) and they did not put forth their hand to the needy, and to the poor = inhospitality, which leads to an unwillingness to receive even one's own children
3) And they were lifted up, and committed abominations before me = if you try to combine lust with infertility, you get perversion, here cited as "abominations before me" because perversions really are abominations before God.
So, while it is wrong to pinpoint inhospitality as the main thing, for which God took them away, it certainly was a contributing factor.
5:10 Wait, you mean the guys actually misconstrue Ezechiel 16:50 as referring to the same sin as previous verse?
Like the nincompoops who take Genesis 38:10 as having "detestable thing" refer to the mentioned intention rather than the mentioned act in verse 9?
If they are that incompetent with Ezechiel and with Genesis - can even Jude help them? W a i t - he's the patron of lost causes, so, yes, you may have a point!
13:06 "Homosexuality" is unclear, since it stands for anything from even resisted same sex attraction to repeated acts of sodomy.
13:24 I used to interpret the term "homophobe" as really meaning (other than what it is currently used to), someone irrationally afraid of the other guy being homosexual ... I have since learned there actually is a current term for that, "homohysteria" ...
14:42 Yeah, there are reasons why I left the Lutherans ... you know Lutherans and Anglicans by now have intercommunion with each other and with Methodists, the Porvoo Communion?
To me, the Porvoo Communion is a good candidate for the power represented by a Babylonic lion.
Ryan Foley is more like leopard head n. 3, but Porvoo + Dalai Lama seem a very good fit for Babylonic lion ...