Why Joel Baden is Wrong · More on Why he is Wrong - and Where he is Right
Joel Baden: The Bible Doesn't Say What You Think it Does
The Nantucket Project | 2.XI.2014
- 12:00 Yes, one can tell a single story by adding details of interpretation.
In the beginning God created heaven, and earth. These are the generations of the heaven and the earth, when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the heaven and the earth:  And every plant of the field before it sprung up in the earth, and every herb of the ground before it grew: for the Lord God had not rained upon the earth; and there was not a man to till the earth.
Close up one:
In the beginning God created heaven, and earth. ... These are the generations of the heaven and the earth, when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the heaven and the earth. It reveals the "day" in the most general overview was really seven days.
Close up two:
But a spring rose out of the earth, watering all the surface of the earth. ... And they were both naked: to wit, Adam and his wife: and were not ashamed. It reveals all detail of day six.
Order of creation: Paradise formed already on day 3 (while light source was the uncreated light or at least light directly depending on God, before the sun). When God creates man, He then places him in this paradise. And gives him a guided tour. Then animals:
- either are brought fourth which had already been created earlier on days six and even five
- or were created an extra example to show Adam God's creative power. Then of course creation of Eve and Adam's words about Eve.
God's command in Genesis 1:28 comes before or after Adam's words, before or after the ensuing they were naked and not ashamed. It was part of Adam's mémoirs, the real nature of Genesis 2, but was by Moses put back into the first overview in Genesis 1.
- 12:48 At the sham diagram : order of Creation can be solved two ways, either by translating some Hebrew perfects as pluperfects (and perhaps even an imperfect followed by wa as such), or by saying God created extra examples of some kinds before Adam's eyes.
As to "one day" the words in first verses of chapter two use "day" metonymically, unlike in chapter one.
Also, chapter division is not original part of the text. They were added in 1200's by a Catholic bishop. So, first verses of chapter 2 can be considered as summing up chapter one.
As to woman's creation, most of chapter two is a close up on day six in chapter one.
- 13:04 "if one of these stories is true, by definition the other cannot be"
Sorry to hear you are going to Hell for apostasy, how about changing your mind before it's too late?
And especially do so before the poor students you are shown as misleading in this video!
- Bef. 14:41 In fact, 1-1=0.
If two things oppose and are equal, they cancel. Suppose you have a temperature of 5° C. Then you get two factors, one would by itself pull it down to -5 ° C, another raise it to 15° C, simultaneously, and obviously, if they are equally strong, they cancel out, temperature stays 5° C, and the change in temperature is +-0.
- 16:47 Truth cannot contradict truth.