Sunday, April 9, 2023

Homeschooling


I A mysterious continuation of one of the threads under Black Forest Family ...

karl dehaut
@Hans-Georg Lundahl Because repeating parents credo is being a free thinker... I feel sorry for you. Have you asked yourself why you're mad against a guy who share his own experience...

Hans-Georg Lundahl
@karl dehaut I don't feel being a free thinker is very attainable for most, and I don't feel it is a goal in itself.

But between repeating the parent's creed and repeating that of school teachers, the former is at least more free for the family.

It is also more free for the individual, when being with the school teacher was not a priority.

I don't know who it is whom I am supposed to be "mad at" - the string is already 188 comments long. You have not cited the comment by me which you are answering. You know, "copy-paste" + into "" and italics.

I don't know what experience of his I am supposed to be sharing, and why this is a reason for me to not disagree with him.

Would you mind clarifying?


karl dehaut had also twice said "deo gratias" in response to not very precise comments in a 188 comments long thread ...

II A video by Allie Beth Stuckey

Is Public School the Best Choice for Christians? | Ep 761
Allie Beth Stuckey, 27.II.2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YraHuM1shbc


13:30 It seems we have very similar detractors - on one side of mine, at least.

13:55 "this person doesn't like me, and it makes them feel better to believe that I'm tricking other people into liking me"

May I quote you? I think I will even if you were to say no, actually!

16:53 "the banning of pimples"

The subtitles showed what I heard? How do you ban pimples?

18:30 sth - you do absolutely not need to tell me about this supposedly Conservative too person ... I just hope he or she is not impersonating me.

I'm against masks too.

48:57 Her quote is number two of 100 Bible Verses about, Putting Others Before Your Self.

Let's analyse top 5. Quoted in ESV.

Philippians 2:3
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
Philippians 2:4
Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Romans 15:1
We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
Hebrews 13:16
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.
Romans 12:10
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

Number 1 speaks of humility, not believing one is "the best" and number 2 says "not only" "but also" - and it does not say "not at all" "but only"
Number 3 is too specific to be relevant
Number 4 means you have to do something, if not "for the community" at least for those around you - not that you have to priorise that over your own family.
Number 5 is about emotions and honours ...

It can be added that "selfish" does not exist as this exact word in original languages or in a Douay Rheims translation.*

1:34:00 (or around)

"If you send your children to Caesar"

The Roman Empire (including Holy Roman Empire and including Austrian Empire / Hungarian Kingdom, so, up to 1918) never had an enforced public education system. They sometimes had publically provided education, but not an obligation for parents to send pupils there. Exception - Maria Theresia and Joseph II - I think this was taken away prior to the fall of Austria-Hungary, as in Austria, homeschooling was legal.

Mary
Voddie's quote is in reference to Jesus' quote: "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's. "

A certain amount of taxes? Yes.
Your children's education? Definitely not.

Hans-Georg Lundahl
@Mary And my point was that Caesar was definitely (for most of 2000 years) in agreement with you.


* See somewhere else : Is Selfishness Condemned in the Bible?
https://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.com/2023/01/is-selfishness-condemned-in-bible.html

No comments: