Saturday, February 11, 2023

Paradigms Work More Like Fake News Than Conspiracies


Calvin Smith makes the point in this video about the Samurai crab. I add some nostalgic comment after that.

Are YOU Falling for This Sneaky Lie from Atheists?
Answers in Genesis, 10 Febr. 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4XaNYWIrgI


0:10 You don't mean you have seen Carl Sagan?

6:08 Yeah, you have. The world is small.

So did I. I even believed Carl Sagan. However, I classified it as micro-evolution, no bearing on molecules to man.

Probably somewhere in my early creationist debates on the internet, you may find me and some other guys debating over the Heike crab, and me not dismissing the story, but dismissing its pertinence to the kind of "evolution" being ultimately disagreed on.

10:53 If there were samurai crabs before there were samurais, there could have been a pre-Flood occurrence.

But seriously, the fact that the ridges and bulges are functional means that some crab like this would have existed anyway - at the most, such superstitions (I suppose that pre-Flood cannibals could be satanists, so why couldn't they believe in reincarnation?) would have boosted them.

11:45 I don't really recall Carl Sagan mentioning the size of the Heikeopsis japonica.

31 mm? I've eaten half of a crab that was bigger (except the claw I wasn't used to how to extract). But really bigger, I think over a decimeter across.

14:31 I came as close to being an atheist (prior to nine and a few months) as to accept evolution and not positively in everyday thought accept God.

I never came as close to it as to say "evolutions is science AND creation is faith" - I would only have believed the first part of that statement.

Christianity wasn't something I rejected, it was something off my radar. The mother who then took sole control over my education was also a more balanced person than her atheist grandmother, and a better scientist (medical faculty, 9th term getting completed those years after nine), then either of my not believing grandparents.

Under four of above five comments, I got an invitation to WhatsApp - I answered one of them:

𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚜'𝙰𝚙𝚙 𝚖𝚎 [number not shown]
👆👆sᴇɴᴅ ᴀ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛ ᴍᴇssᴀɢᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ✍️.

Hans-Georg Lundahl
@𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚜'𝙰𝚙𝚙 𝚖𝚎 [number not shown] This is about WhatsApp, right?

"WhatsApp's client application runs on mobile devices, and can be accessed from computers."
"The service requires a cellular mobile telephone number to sign up."

I don't have any cell phone. I watch and comment mainly from cyber cafés. Formerly libraries too, but Georges Pompidou blocked youtube totally and the Paris municipal libraries block the commenting ("restricted access").

No comments: