Sunday, January 29, 2023

Not Very Credible


Evidence of bad faith: Not Very Credible · Someones Attacked Pope Michael · Someone Played Foul · Possibly here too: James Martin is Wrong

From Quora:



So, he claimed I was wrong, the Sumerian Noah was Gilgamesh and not Utnapishtim. But he allowed me no chance to answer ...

Unfortunately, his quote from the Gilgamesh poem doesn't prove it was Gilgamesh who was speaking.

The words are from a dialogue between Gilgamesh and Utnapishtim, which is here in the Gilgamesh poem:

THE EPIC OF GILGAMESH
Translated by Maureen Gallery Kovacs, Electronic Edition by Wolf Carnahan, I998
TABLET XI THE STORY OF THE FLOOD
https://www.ancienttexts.org/library/mesopotamian/gilgamesh/tab11.htm


The first line of tablet XI is:

Gilgamesh spoke to Utanapishtim, the Faraway:


And Utanapishtim (I had Utnapishtim) is the Sumerian or Akkadian version of Noah./HGL

Why include this in the series of "evidence of bad faith" as I did?

While it could have fitted with the other series, Writing of the Bible - I, Theological Principle · Papal Divisions · Galileo Revisited, since David Emiley denied traditional teaching, Noah being a real person and not a Sumerian fiction, his mode of action, to contradict me when I was right, and then block comments to prevent me from showing how his contradiction (deliberately imprecise) was without bearing on my point, and in so doing trying to paint me as some ignorant bloke, easy to refute for any competent person, is an example of cancel culture and of bad faith./HGL

No comments: