Monday, January 2, 2023

"The Grouch talks about his thoughts on the increase in the number of mass shootings in recent years." (Description of video)


He basically talks about sth else. Between the 2:38 and 10:58 timestamps he has had some valid point on it not being access to guns. Fair enough ...

Weak men and mass shootings
Grouchy Old Patriot | 18 Sept. 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3E_IexFDwg


2:38 In school shootings it happens there was prior interaction with victims.

Klebold had been impopular at the school where he committed a mass shooting with his pal, and one of their victims was Cassie Bernall.

10:58 Did you say the bully on the playground? As in singular number?

What about the bullieS on the playground?

What do you think happens to a life when a boy of 14 has to deal with several bullies, gets not protection, is refused homeschooling which could have got him out of harm's way, and is refused any kind of mentoring at that age, that could make him more capable to deal with the bullieS except to be exposed to more bullying? The one offer of male mentorship from a man about your level of testosterone I got back then was an offer to dissociate myself from my mother's Christianity.

That cook who was sometimes houseparenting at the boarding school, he taught me no judo, he taught me no boxing, he added exposure to criticism for my faith in a non-violent, but still mocking way, and now we are dealing with what I was living at 15th birthday.

B U T some do not even allow me to live from what I actually did learn - taking the heat of a debate. At 54, if I mention to some I am writing and want an editor, I am that "whining boy who thinks he can get everything" - by whining. To those people, that is.

There is such a thing as toxic masculinity. It's when you use your male confidence to beat down the confidence of another man.

Or in other words, when you make sure men weaker than yourself (unless you happen to like them and hide they are weaker) don't get a chance to get married. Or to have even a livelihood.

11:32 If they went to that bully and got their ass beaten, they had learned "I need to toughen up a bit"?

Come on, that's not the existence of every productive male. C. S. Lewis on "Wyvern" (probably Malvern) learned that if he couldn't get away, he might as well kill himself.

He got away, and we are pretty thankful for that.

If you had been his dad, he'd have been dead.

11:41 Martial skills are useless for a single boy who is surrounded by tons of bullieS who don't like him.

Or "pick their battles"? Hey, wait, what if the bullieS pick them for one?

11:56 "perpetuating weakness" - yeah - I guess you prefer reducing the world population to 500 000 strong men.

Were you the guy who put up the Georgia Guide Stones?

Oh, by the way, I think sufficiently is known from Klebold's diaries to know he thought like you on some points.

The killer of Cassie and of some others had come to the conclusion that the one strong act he could still do was to kill himself and take a few more with him.

12:17 What about limited rights, but those including not getting bullied by a gang on the school yard?

And including at 54 to get to do your own thing rather than be mentored by people like you?

I was nearly saying butt touchers like you, because at my age, a man trying to mentor me comes off as about the same inconvenience as a man trying to touch my butt.

12:29 I definitely do intend to earn my way if allowed to.

But people with a certain toxic masculinity around where I am are saying "you ain't doing that by writing YEC Christian apologetics" ...

What do you do with a gang who absolutely refuse to speak to me face to face (except when banding up), but recommend videos like yours as their way of mentoring me?

I do not think anyone has the right to abort. At the utmost, if a woman gets her life saved by what amounts to abortion of an extrauterine pregnancy, she doesn't get punished. But doesn't mean it was a right.

I do not think the right to a free education applies to a school year bully who is on top of that a ringleader of a gang of bullies. Nor does the "school obligation."

School year = school yard - see what I mean by getting worse coordination after the kick on the head!

12:48 Well, yes, the people who are (yes, plural!) denying me the right to get respect when I propose my blogs as the start of an edition are the guys who also are denying me an opportunity to take my responsibilities in an otherwise valid way.

12:55 When a gang of bullieS are allowed to teach someone "there are consequences" for displeasing them, their victim needs protection, not to be "taught there are consequences" ..

13:59 CSL at "Wyvern" or me at SSHL, there was no dealing with problems. The one dealing that worked was sacrificing my dignity to mockers, to scoffers of God who liked to mock me when I confessed Christianity.

Difference. CSL's dad had the freedom to take him out of "Wyvern" and give him a tutor. My ma had no freedom to keep tutoring me, or to protect me from SSHL, until it was too late, except by an even worse option.

Jews, Freemasons, Protestants who didn't like Creationism, and later on, after SSHL, who didn't like Catholicism, Commies ...

YOU could help a young man around YOUR area take responsibility to get an income by editing my works on paper, or such of them as he likes. But people in MY area fall into two sorts. Those who think I need you to teach me a lesson (someone recommended the video), those who are even less courageous than I. And those (here's a third) who are stopping me from getting the apartment from which I could start printing in small scale.

I am being kept in insolvence by people who despise me for being insolvent and exaggerate the extent to which I am that.

14:23 Most interaction I do on social media are with people I would definitely not describe as my own little clique.

But those who do get that, let them enjoy that, school grounds have too much deprived some of them of that. And if a whole school ground is on social media, perhaps, sometimes, it's safer from gangs of bullieS

14:33 The only opportunity I have to deal with real people and real problems (like can U-Pb disprove the Biblical age of the earth, as someone was suggesting in the notifications feed), is on the internet.

In the street, where I beg, I am getting shielded. I am forced to live in the echo chamber of people who consider me cute, but naive, and needing some mentoring, but not having realised that.

It is on the internet that I still have some freedom. That I am still doing some work. That I can still make Evolutionists afraid of my arguments, instead of having them pretend to be afraid of my physical presence. It's on the internet I can reach someone who can take the calm to actually read what I write over mishearing what I say as an expression of my anxieties. Or product of a cult indoctrinating me. Or any other symptom they find it "charitable" to overlook.

14:45 Yes, and Moses and I were at least raised with diminished capabilities of facing people. Of forcing them to listen.

That's why Moses asked God for Aaron. God was angry, but respected it.

Some guys like you don't even respect it, a man who's not your type doesn't get your respect. That's where I consider that, yes, toxic masculinity exists.

14:48 "not everyone can be a winner"
W a i t ... you're the kind who's backing winners?

You never read Chesterton? There is no such thing as backing a winner. When he's a winner, he doesn't need backing. When he needs backing is when he isn't a winner.

Or if you don't respect this great man, how about the Samaritan?

The man robbed by robbers didn't get the life saving help from a man who thought "he's a loser, I'd better not stick around with him" ... he got it from a man who wasn't looking for a winner.

14:57 The grades in school were 1 to 5 with 5 as lowest.
In PE, just for participating, I got 2, if I hadn't tried, I had got a one.

In ten other subjects, English being one of them, I had grade 5. Not for just participating, but for doing a good job. But if it wasn't in PE, it doesn't count with you, right?

If good grades had been enough to have a good life, I'd be a rich man.

There are gangs of bullieS who can destroy the life of someone with a good grade. My mother was a physician, she didn't finish her studies or get a good position, but she was the best. Her carreere was ended by a gang of bullieS of the same profession.

I have a brother, who just told me, I should learn (at age 54) getting heard by authorities where I live.

Well, if these authorities have the same idea, that I need to "learn" that, they are not going to make it possible, they are going an extra mile to make me fail. That's not the kind of environment in which I can learn how to succeed. It's an environment of slave hunters. Now read Exodus 21:16.

15:12 I have, apart from studies and working as a writer, been learning to deal with losing and rejection for 40 years. Since I was 14.

And apart from working as a writer includes getting paid as a writer.

You are basically saying, "God is just to you, you didn't learn to deal with your problems" - sorry, but the guys who are saying that are my problems - and that includes you.

Unless you do something very different on reading this than repeating your stuff.

Because, you see, I clicked on this video because the subject interests me, and because I have my own take on it.

Unlike Klebold, I never killed someone. Physically. God knows if I killed a soul by bad example, I hope not, but I mean physically. And unlike Breivik in Norway, I didn't get taught to deal with life by strong men like you or those you approve of.

15:42 Yeah, exactly. you chose the games you could do sth in.

What do you do if 40 years on row, whatever you win in you are stopped from winning in. Whereever your advantages are, you are made to lose by cheating about the results (like telling people dishonestly of what I wrote rather than encouraging them to read it) and by gangs of bullieS

Look at this post, which is about mechanic censorship:
New blog on the kid : This Line Should Not Be Here
https://nov9blogg9.blogspot.com/2022/12/this-line-should-not-be-here.html


Click the link in the label and see if the line is still there so you can't click below it.

16:56 What do you do with situations where Little Susie has great coordination until she gets kicked on the head?

By someone who is out to tell her that she has no coordination.

You know the Monty Python sketch? "This parrot is dead" - "no" - ..... "this parrot is dead, dead, dead" (holding parrot at the feet and swinging its head against hard objects) - "now it is" ...

I had better coordination in my writing fingers before getting kicked on the head Holy Saturday morning by someone who objected to my sleeping instead of enjoying his company at c. 4 - 5 o' clock in the morning.

We are at 18:18. This is 7:52 from the end of the video.

You have still not told me how what you say relates to mass shootings.

I get what you are saying, it's not that. But what I don't get is how Klebold and Breivik (Columbine High and Utøya) are supposed to be weak men who at one point snapped. On the contrary, they were all the time playing your game of being strong men.

In five minutes - not 26:10 - I can give a better explanation for Klebold, he believed as you that weakness shouldn't be perpetuated, and wanted to make sure he didn't risk to be a weak man. And for Breivik. He believed as you and he also believed only terrorism could change a politics that didn't agree with that.

I have reached way past half.

And I don't like what I hear.

Need I continue to last half?

Mass shotings? We produce weak men, who don't learn to take responsibility.
Immigration? They produced weak men who didn't learn to take responsibility.
Apostasy? We produce weak men who didn't learn to take responsibility.
Some like social media? They risk being weak men who don't learn to take responsibility.

Meanwhile, I am writing stuff that has something to say on mass shootings and on apostasy. On occasion, much less often, since I have much less to say and actually did learn to pick my battles, even on immigration and on social media. And it's not tweets - but it's also not 26 minute rants. It's five to ten minute reads.

UPDATE
The next day I resumed at 18:18, and it got better.

Resuming the watch ...

19:33 Now we are getting somewhere.
Yes, being incapable of dealing makes one bitter. Indeed.

However, the school system is such that people are very often handed more than they could possibly deal with.

Klebold came directly from the school system. He hadn't even graduated.

Breivik had had years to get strong and did get strong. If he was bitter, it was probably over being a stay at home mother's boy without a GF, but he didn't seem to try to fix that any kind of way, he went straight to getting strong and using that strength to "attack the system" in a way that, on his view, was hopefully going to get authorities paranoid and from there one provoke more and more of a war, and hoped they were going to lose that war.

So neither is a weak man lashing out because he is generally incapable because he never learned. One did learn quite a lot before his killing spree, presumably in camps in Ukraine or Bielorussia, though I am not sure there is documentation of that or not, and the other was bitter within a school system. Which most are incapable of dealing with. A strong boy or a beautiful girl is likely going to "fool around" or get soaked too much, though quite a few don't. Almost all other categories are bitter, frustrated, depressed. Unless they live in a school where geeks are sheltered and where they aren't being bullied for something else, like being Christians.

And most if not all of these would have been capable of dealing with something less cruel than the school ground. But certain laws and customs forbid that.

21:43 Palestinians inherited the land because they were meek enough to flee from Jerusalem in AD 70 - or some year before. Because, as Christians, they had to. And also because they were told in Matthew 24.

It was not a question of being able to fight the Roman legions and of chosing not to, it was about knowing they couldn't fight them.

So, no, one is not in need to be a superman, invincible but for one's meekness, to be truly meek.

And it is also not always reckless to actually get violent, when it seems needed. Even for a weak man ... because that bigger monster can have just one chink.

Have you seen that video about Goliath's condition? He wasn't a pre-Flood gebor, one of the nephelim, he was acromegalous and had the metathalamus swollen, which made him see bad. We can see he saw bad, because when David wields one staff, the Hebrew text doesn't have the more coherent reaction from Goliath "that thou comest with a staff" (singular) but "bam·maq·lō·wṯ" / "with stickS" - plural. Goliath was seeing double. That was the chink.

If David had been honourable and taken on the exact challenge further given Come to me, and I will give thy flesh to the birds of the air, and to the beasts of the earth - not part of the original agreement, he wasn't breaking an obligation - there would have been no KING David. Instead, he slinged a stone right onto the sick forehead, because that was the chink in Goliath's defenses. This wasn't reckless.

22:21 "the idea that life is not precious"

Indeed. Evolution. Go ahead and have an abortion, your education is more than your baby's life.

Who's telling this kind of lies? School masters.

What's hammering it in? School grounds, the Goliath, that very few have been a real David against ... the difficulty which was not there 50 to 100 years earlier for most so far up in the teens, and which unlike some other difficulties (like working as apprentice) is too much for most, even for very strong people.

The kind of situation where getting stronger is to no avail.

22:38 Sorry, but pre delivery abortion is also nothing but murder.

Remember Robert Dear? If he had shot that abortionist in the leg - would he have saved an equal number of babies due to missed abortion appointments?

22:44 - "in my opinion" ... I think it's more than that - sth called Christianity.

24:10 Nice proposition for an assembly - if you ever get to that one, would you forward the suggestion to legalise both homeschooling and unschooling, to stop pushing school "über alles auf der Welt" so to speak ... to legalise parents taking children out of school, teachers sending school tired children out of school, jobs hiring people, not irrespective of age, some jobs you shouldn't do at twelve, but irrespective at what age you left school?

I agree this answer is difficult. It isn't complex - but it is difficult to get through ...

One person who didn't shy away from it twenty years ago, after getting out of prison, was me, at the beginning of my internet carreere.

Columbine High = too many guns? No.
= too much rightwing propaganda? Some about being strong perhaps, but generally, no. Klebold wasn't Tea Party. Far from it. Or trucker.
= too much legal and even more practical obligations to go to school? Yes.

And twenty years after starting this, I can say, the answer isn't complex, but it is difficult to get through.

25:03 Some of those guys may be watching it due to seeing a blog post with my comments, and these begin, with time signatures.

Already shared, on top of a blog post.

No comments: